RELEASE OF LIABILITY
The present release has been drafted based on the sample Release of Liability of the International Free Skiers Association.
1. The Competitor declares that he/she is at least 18 years old and in full capacity.
2. The Competitor warrants and represents that he/she is in good health and there are no specific health problems requiring special attention or specific medical care other than the routine medical practice.
The Competitor accepts and understands that the practicing of the ski and snowboard sports in their various forms is hazardous and has many dangers and risks. The Competitor further accepts and understands that the participation in freeride and freestyle competitions is much more hazardous than recreational skiing and snowboarding. The Competitor realizes that serious traumas and injuries are common and ordinary occurrence of this sport.
4. The Competitor declares that he/she has received a personal copy and has familiarized himself/herself with the Regulations for the holding of the competition; he/she is fully aware of their content and accepts all responsibilities and obligations contained in them.
5. The Competitor accepts to be treated as a competitor, with all related consequences, throughout the competition: from his/her arrival till the end of the competition, including during on-spot training, training sessions, familiarization with the terrain, getting to the starting point and staying in the area of the competition as well as during the holding of the qualifications.
6. The Competitor is aware of the risks of possible injuries and traumas, of possible damages caused on his/her property as well as damages incurred on third persons in relation to all hazards that the ski and the snowboard sports entail, including, but not limited to: weather conditions, the condition of snow cover, exposed areas, stones, logs, trees and other plants, collision with natural objects, human property and other skiers (snowboarders) as well as ones caused by personal inability, lack of skills or overestimation of ones capacities. The Competitor is informed that all these risks are not and cannot be covered by the Organizer, its representatives or employees.
7. By execution of this release the Organizer shall be indemnified of responsibility for any trauma or injury to third persons or any damage to the property of third persons having occurred as a result of the Competitors engaging in the Organizers event.
8. The Competitor hereby agrees, if sustaining traumas or injuries, to receive urgent medical care by the Organizers emergency medical team and, if necessary, to be transported by the vehicles of the medical team (ambulance, helicopter) to a general or specialized hospital, chosen by the medical team, where he/she could receive assistance, adequate to his/her condition. The Competitor is aware and accepts that after transporting him/her to the respective health establishment, the Organizer shall be no longer responsible for his/her further condition. The Competitor hereby accepts that all costs related to the urgent medical care provided to him, his/her transportation to a medical establishment and the costs on his/her treatment shall be covered by him/her or under the insurance contracts for medical costs and accidents signed on his/her behalf.
9. The Competitor undertakes to use any possibility, offered by the Organizer, and any other convenient occasion to study carefully the run and the slope, the approaches to the run and all existing or possible hazards and hindrances related to them.
10. The Competitor understands and agrees that he/she assumes voluntarily and in full conscience all risks related to the descending line he/she has chosen within the run of the competition.
11. The Competitor declares that he/she can and will use during the competition personal protective equipment: a helmet and a back protector as well as avalanche safety devices: beacons, probes and shovels.
12. The Competitor confirms his/her awareness and agrees that any and all disputes between himself/herself and the Organizer related to his/her participation in the Organizers event as well as all claims related to the Competitors personality and stemming from personal traumas or injuries and/or death of the Competitor WILL BE GOVERNED UNDER THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE BULGARIAN LAWS AND WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMPETENT COURT OF THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA.
13. The agreement under the preceding section shall be construed solely and only as a valid contractual clause regulating fully the jurisdiction of all disputes between the Competitor and the Organizer.
14. If any of the clauses of this release become void this does not make void the other clauses of the agreement as a whole.
15. Relations between the Competitor and the Organizer are regulated by this release and the Regulations for the holding of the competition, Wild Ride Bansko2005. In this connection the Competitor shall be responsible for all negative consequences that might be incurred on the Organizer, the Competitor or third persons due to the withholding or stating of false facts and circumstances on the part of the Competitor.
I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE FORGOING LIABILITY RELEASE AND I AM AWARE AND ACCEPT WITHOUT OBJECTION THE CONSEQUENCES OF ITS SIGNING.
Personal ID number:
ID card No
.. by the Interior Ministry,